host check delay problem

Dinçer Kavraal dkavraal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 13:33:31 CET 2007

:)
By the way, sth just popped in mind. Let me explain this way:

I will have just one host which is the Nagios server, other hosts will be
deleted. Then, that host will be checked with active checks and of course
any moment it will be UP.
This host will have 300 services, actually which are "host_check_alive" for
our other hosts. So if some services are DOWN, host check will return UP and
only service notification escalation will be running. Nothing more.
Therefore, no hosts will be checked with 10 secs delay, eventhough I have
entered the check delay as 1 min.

Does it sound good? Have any ideas?

Thanks,
Dincer