Notification scripting question

Dinçer Kavraal dkavraal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 13:28:08 CET 2007

Hi,
I have two distinct suggestions out this problem.

First, you could define a bash/perl/c or any other language basis (embedded
perl or c is suggested for speed issues - if you have a less notification
frequency of 10 notifs in a minute) script. Then, certainly, you are passing
the mobile number as a parametre. So you could select a text inside that
script. At last that script will be the trigger for SMS. So notification
scipt will be your new bash (or other) script.

Second, you could define "n" (which is the number of different texts)
different SMS notification commands in (etc/misccommands in old versions,
and etc/command.etc in nagios 2.x). But you have to say that, this person
will be notified with this command for each.

I hope it is a bit picturable. If you have questions, I can be more clear on
this.

Dincer