host check delay problem

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Thu Mar 15 10:14:17 CET 2007

On 14/03/07, Dinçer Kavraal <dkavraal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I need a patch for Nagios not to stop all checks during a host check.
> Does anybody have such a patch to share?
> Thanks.

It looks like we can look forward to some big improvements in Nagios
3.  See http://nagios.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/nagios/nagios/html/docs/whatsnew.html
.  Until then, make sure you use check_icmp or check_fping rather then
check_ping for your host checks; these will complete much faster.

Cheers,

Jim