check_cluster2 config problem

mark0s at excite.com mark0s at excite.com
Wed Mar 14 16:56:30 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to config a host cluster using check_cluster2 and Nagios 2.6.

I have set 4 hosts called dns0,dns1,dns2,dns3.

The config files are these:

(checkcommands file):

# 'check_cluster2' command definition

define command{

        command_name    check_host_cluster

        command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_cluster2 --host -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$ -d $ARG4$

        }

(hosts.cfg file):

The cluster machine to be associated with the service which is the nagios machine itself as recommended in the documentation.Of course I have another 4 defines for the dns0 to dns3 pcs.

define host{

        use                     generic-host

        host_name               cluster-DNS

        alias                   DNS cluster test

        address                 172.0.0.1

        check_command           check-host-alive

        max_check_attempts      10

        notification_interval   120

        notification_period     24x7

        notification_options    d,u,r

        contact_groups          administrators

        }

(services.cfg file):

define service{

        host_name                       cluster-DNS

        service_description             cluster DNS

        is_volatile                     0

        check_period                    24x7

        max_check_attempts              3

        normal_check_interval           5

        retry_check_interval            1

        contact_groups                  administrators

        notification_interval           120

        notification_period             24x7

        notification_options            w,u,c,r

	check_command	check_host_cluster!"DNS Host Cluster"!1!2!dns0,dns1,dns2,dns3

	}

The problem:

When running the command from command line I have the 4 pcs UP:

# ./check_cluster2 --host -l "DNS" -w 1 -c 2 -d dns0,dns1,dns2,dns3

DNS ok: 4 up, 0 down, 0 unreachable

But when running from Nagios I get only one UP on the status field of the services page:

DNS Host Cluster ok: 1 up, 0 down, 0 unreachable

Does anybody knows why? I saw the same problem in an old message in the nagios-users archive list but it seems nobody answered then.

thanks in advance,

Marcos

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com