running a perl script.

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Mar 14 15:37:48 CET 2007

They _are_ there or you wouldn't see the error. The problem is that it's
not a printable character (carriage return) so kwrite and vi just aren't
showing it. Try 'vi -b filename'. That will put vi in binary mode which
will display everything in the file as a printable character (^M for
[CTRL-M] in this case). vim, often used as a replacement for vi these
days, seems to be better at automatically setting binary mode when
necessary from my experience.

--
Marc