NRPE and Nagios plugin for Tru64 and HPUX 10

Kyle O'Donnell kyle.odonnell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 18:42:02 CET 2007

Hi,

I've successfully compiled the nrpe, nsca and *most* of the
nagios-plugin binaries for hpux 10.20.

Off the top of my head:

There were a few plug-ins that wouldn't compile, I didn't need them so
i removed from the Makefile.

Nrpe and Nsca src required a few changes:
-didn't bother trying to compile in ssl support
-the compiler didn't like some of the operators used in utils.c  ( had
to change if => to if > && < in places)

nrpe config options
$ ./configure --prefix=/opt/nagios --with-nrpe-user=nagios
--with-nrpe-group=nagios --disable-ssl --without-ssl CCOPTS=+DA1.1
CXXOPTS=+DA1.1 --enable-command-args

nsca config options:
./configure --prefix=/opt/nagios CCOPTS=+DA1.1 CXXOPTS=+DA1.1

I'll be upgrading to the latest nrpe/nsca version shortly and will
post more specifics then.

--kyleo