Time periods Issue

Florent HOUBART Florent.HOUBART at Ajilon.fr
Thu Jun 28 18:10:14 CEST 2007

Hello,

Maybe it is because Nagios first schedule check with inter_check_delay method, and then test it according to timeperiod.
I try to explain myself:
When Nagios initialy schedule all checks, it first try to schedule them using intercheck_delay and interleaving to calculate a first time. It then test this time against timeperiod, and if not match then reschedule it at the first valid time. There is no interleaving when rescheduling at earlier valid time.
So if the timeperiod is define a couple of minutes ahead and the inter_check_delay method also make the checks schedule a couple of minutes ahead, it may be a valid time. So Nagios don't need to reschedule it at the beginning of the timeperiod.
If valid check time is far in the futur, then inter_check_delay will never fall in a valid time, so every check will be reschedule at the beginning of the timeperiod.

Do you have high normal_check_interval (more than 15 minutes) that may cause the calculated inter_check_delay high ?

Hope it will help

Regards,

Florent