Windows monitoring

Frost, Mark {PBG} mark.frost1 at pepsi.com
Tue Jun 26 16:00:56 CEST 2007

That's what I've done.  My understanding in Nagios is that a config file
is a config file.  I've never tried it, but I believe you could stuff
your entire config (hosts, services, checkcommands, notification
commands) into a single file.  You'd be nuts given how incredibly
complex Nagios configs can get, but you could.  By the same token, you
could break them out into as many individual files as you like as well
as long as your nagios.cfg lists all the files it's supposed to read.

I did as you indicated -- keep my hosts (windows or otherwise) in my
hosts.cfg file.  I tend to sort my config files by application rather
than OS type so I put the service entries in files/directories with
still other names.

Mark