[SPAM?] RE: RE : Sybase check on windows servers

Florent HOUBART Florent.HOUBART at Ajilon.fr
Mon Jun 25 15:42:03 CEST 2007

Hi,

>Thank you so much for being patient with me. I tried what you said. But
>unfortunately I am still getting the error "return code of 139 is out of
>bounds".

This mean that there is a problem with the execution of your control. Did you try to run the command as you defined it in a shell prompt ?

>Here is my configuration-
>

>Commands.cfg-
>
>define command{
>        command_name    check_sybase
>        command_line       $USER1$/check_nt -v SERVICESTATE -d SHOWALL -l $ARG1$ $ARG2$
>        }

I think there is an error here in your definition. Addording to your service definition, you will run :
$USER1$/check_nt -v SERVICESTATE -d SHOWALL -l 0 SYBSQL_ganges
If you run this, you will get a "Segmentation fault". You lack the name of the requested host (-H flag) and the syntax of the -l flag is wrong. A check_nt -h says :

 SERVICESTATE =
  Check the state of one or several services.
  Request a -l parameters with the following syntax:
  -l <service1>,<service2>,<service3>,...
  You can specify -d SHOWALL in case you want to see working services
  in the returned string.

Your command should be something like :
$USER1$/check_nt -H ganges -v SERVICESTATE -d SHOWALL -l SYBSQL_ganges

You should test it in a shell prompt until you get the expected result, and then write it in your configuration file. To get the IP address of the host, you can use the macro $HOSTADDRESS$.

Regards,

Florent