Nagios HTTP monitoring

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jun 22 19:27:41 CEST 2007

Is that how you've configured your check_http command{} definition to
expect thme? I think that's where your breakdown is. This is usually how
it's done --

define command {
    command_name                   check_http_url
    command_line                   $USER1$/check_http -H $ARG1$ -I
$HOSTADDRESS$ -u $ARG2$ -wt 20 -ct 30 -to 35 -s $ARG3$
    }

define host{
        use                     generic-host
        host_name               nateng-myserver-prodlnx01
        alias                   connecten-prodlnx01
        address                 172.27.0.2
        }

# Service definition
define service{
        host_name                       nateng-myserver-prodlnx01
        service_description             HTTP
        contact_groups                  nateng-oncall-servers
        max_check_attempts              2
        retry_check_interval            1
        check_command
check_http_url!www.mysite.com!/portal!/html
        }

That will check for the string '/html' on the page '/portal' on the
vhost 'www.mysite.com' hosted on the webserver at ip address
'172.27.0.2'.

Does that look anything like what you have? I left a lot of the generic
template stuff out but you should get the gist if you've read the docs
on macros and sending arguments to commands.

--
Marc