Notifications

Jerad Riggin jriggin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 17:54:03 CEST 2007

Contacts.cfg

define contact{
        contact_name                    mis
        alias                           mis
        host_notification_period        24x7
    service_notification_period    24x7
        host_notification_options       d,r,u,f
    service_notification_options    c,r,w,f
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email
    service_notification_commands    notify-by-email
        email                           admin at domain.com (edited)
        }

Services.cfg

# Generic service definition template
define service{
        name                            generic-service ; Generic service
name
        active_checks_enabled           1               ; Active service
checks are enabled
        passive_checks_enabled          1               ; Passive service
checks are enabled/accepted
        parallelize_check               1               ; Active service
checks should be parallelized (Don't disable)
        obsess_over_service             1               ; We should obsess
over this service (if necessary)
        check_freshness                 0               ; Default is to NOT
check service 'freshness'
        notifications_enabled           1               ; Service
notifications are enabled
        event_handler_enabled           1               ; Service event
handler is enabled
        flap_detection_enabled          1               ; Flap detection is
enabled
        process_perf_data               1               ; Process
performance data
        retain_status_information       1               ; Retain status
information across program restarts
        retain_nonstatus_information    1               ; Retain non-status
information across program restarts
        register                        0               ; DONT REGISTER THIS
DEFINITION - NOT A REAL SERVICE, JUST A TEMPLATE!
        }

# Generic for all services
define service{
        name                            basic-service
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              5
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        notification_interval           5
        notification_period             24x7
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        use                             basic-service
        name                            ping-service
        notification_options            n
        check_command                   check_ping!1000.0,20%!2000.0,60%
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        use                             basic-service
        name                            check-http
        notification_options            n
        check_command                   check_http
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        use                             basic-service
        name                            check-site
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_http!-H
lagarde.lagardeinc.com-t 5 -s "LaGarde"
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        use                             basic-service
        name                            check-smtp
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_smtp!-t 5 -e "mail.domain.com"
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        use                             ping-service
        service_description             PING
        contact_groups                  mishelpdesk
        hostgroup_name                  basic-clients
#       host_name                       one_client
        }

define service{
    use                check-http
    service_description        HTTP