Nagios-Windows 2003

John Duraisw john.duraiswamy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:44:04 CEST 2007

Stephen,
Thanks for the quick response. Following are the info.

define host {
        use     generic-host
        host_name       WebsenseFilterServer1
        alias   WebsenseFilterServer1 - Wilton Woods NOC
        address 10.31.47.13
        parents DC-MSFC
}

 define host{
        name                            generic-host
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        check_command                   check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts              20
        notification_interval           60
        notification_period             24x7
        contact_groups                  John
        notification_options            d,u,r
        register                        0
}

define service{
        name                            generic-service
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        contact_groups                  John
        register
define service{
        host_name                       WebsenseFilterServer1
        service_description             check_WebsenseFilteringService
        check_command
check_WebsenseFilteringService!public!"websense filtering service"
        }

# 'notify-by-email' command definition - good
define command{
        command_name    notify-by-email
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "Ladies and Gentlemen
$SERVICEDESC$ for $HOSTNAME$ is $SERVICESTATE$ at this time\n\nNotificatio
n Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost:
$HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time:
$LONGDAT
ETIME$\n\nAdditional Info: $SERVICEOUTPUT$\nComments:
$SERVICEACKCOMMENT$\nAuthor: $SERVICEACKAUTHOR$" | /bin/mail -s "**
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$
alert - $HOSTNAME$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }

[1182517451] SERVICE NOTIFICATION:
john;WebsenseFilterServer1;check_WebsenseFilteringService;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;EIMServer.exe:
not running

Thanks,

-john