snmp community option in host definition?

James Whittington James.Whittington at vc3.com
Thu Jun 21 17:05:48 CEST 2007

I am faced with the potential of having to monitor different remote
networks with primariliy  custom perl based snmp checks.

The tricky part of this is that different networks may have different
SNMP community names.

While I could create different service definitions for each different
community name or build logic in the script to try multiple names I was
kinda surprised I didn't see a community name directive in the host
definition specification.

I realize nagios a more a monitoring framework and not tied solely to
snmp based checks but it seems like it's a worthy item to have as part
of the host definition.

Maybe it there and I'm just not paying attention, if so I am sure
someone will correct me :<)..

Thanks,

James Whittington