check_by_ssh

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Fri Jun 15 23:50:13 CEST 2007

Hi Robert!

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Robert Cole wrote:

> Well as you might notice from my message the keybased authentication is
> working well, no problem but I wasn't using sudo so I tried adding that
> line to my sudo config with no success. It still asks for a passphrase
> or password when I use check_by_ssh but if I "ssh remotecomputer" I go
> right in or if I scp so that seems to be working well but something
> about check_by_ssh isn't seeing the key exchange or something. I went
> ahead and generated an rsa key and tried that as well and still I can
> ssh or scp into the boxes passwordless but not with check_by_ssh
>
> Any ideas?

The following command will definitely *not* work, because your key file
must immediately folow the "-i" if you provide it (and I'd just leave it
and the keyfile name out, since you're using a default key location,
anyway).

> >> nagios at ms1 ~ $ /usr/nagios/libexec/check_by_ssh -H remotecomputer -i
> >> -vvvv ~/.ssh/id_dsa -C "/usr/nagios/plugins/check_swap -w 50% -c 10%"
> >> Enter passphrase for key '/home/nagios/.ssh/id_dsa':
> >> nagios at ocmp0's password:

Do you get the same thing with '/usr/nagios/libexec/check_by_ssh -H
remotecomputer -C "/usr/nagios/plugins/check_swap -w 50% -c 10%"'?