R: sensor temperature

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Wed Jun 13 21:08:41 CEST 2007

Hello,

On 6/13/2007 2:06 PM, Marco Borsani wrote:
> I'd like to use temp sensor on the motherboard of our Dell Poweredge
> servers,

 >> On 6/12/2007 10:19 AM, Marco Borsani wrote:
 >>> Hi all.
 >>>

 >>> I am looking for a sensor to monitoring the temperature in our server
 >>> farms.

I hope you are aware that the temperature inside your servers does not
necessarily correlate with your data center environmental conditions...
While I like to monitor Server temperature, harddisk temperature, etc.,

I think that keeping an eye on the conditions in the room is quite a
good idea... Noticing your air condition to be ineffective before your
machines overheat can save you lots of work, repairing, replacing or
restarting your servers :-)

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de