VPN Monitoring

Kerry Milestone Kerry.Milestone at CacheLogic.com
Wed Jun 13 11:51:53 CEST 2007

problem is, we can lose many VPNs to a node through diverse paths before
a device is unreachable thus pinging something at the other end is
probably not going to work as by the time the device is unreachable its
far too late and customer impacting.

I am really after monitoring something which reports the status of the
VPN link, something like with a hardware interface where you can see if
there is a physical link present or not, and observe things like
flapping though for VPNs like either established or not.