nagio ping script help needed

garylua at singnet.com.sg garylua at singnet.com.sg
Wed Jun 13 11:08:11 CEST 2007

Hi, thanks for the prompt response. I am running 2 clusters, each at a different site. What i want to accomplish is this : Cluster A is running a a service and I don't want Cluster B to start at bootup if Cluster A is running. I was thinking of using nagios to detect the active cluster at bootup and disable the local cluster. If the local cluster cannot detect the other cluster, then it will startup. if not, it stays inactive.

In order not to simplify things, let's disregard the cluster. Assuming the 2 servers A and B are physically apart, but can ping each other (different subnet). Can i prevent A from starting up if B is already started using Nagios?