An odd question

Wil Schultz wschultz at bsdboy.com
Fri Jun 8 19:20:54 CEST 2007

There is the "negate" plugin.

bash-3.1# ./negate --help
negate (nagios-plugins 1.4.3) 1.24
Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Nagios Plugin Development Team
         <nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>

Negates the status of a plugin (returns OK for CRITICAL, and vice-
versa).

Usage: negate [-t timeout] <definition of wrapped plugin>

-h, --help
     Print detailed help screen
-V, --version
     Print version information
-t, --timeout=INTEGER
     Seconds before connection times out (default: 9)
      [keep timeout than the plugin timeout to retain CRITICAL status]
   negate "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ping -H host"
     Run check_ping and invert result. Must use full path to plugin
   negate "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs -a 'vi negate.c'"
     Use single quotes if you need to retain spaces
This plugin is a wrapper to take the output of another plugin and
invert it.
If the wrapped plugin returns STATE_OK, the wrapper will return
STATE_CRITICAL.
If the wrapped plugin returns STATE_CRITICAL, the wrapper will return
STATE_OK.
Otherwise, the output state of the wrapped plugin is unchanged.

Send email to nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net if you have questions
regarding use of this software. To submit patches or suggest
improvements,
send email to nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net