Not getting notifications

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Fri Jun 8 07:44:41 CEST 2007

On Thursday 07 June 2007 08:18:58 pm Janet Post wrote:
> Hello Mike,
>
> You are only allowing Unknown, Recovery, and Flap for service
> notifications.  You should add w (for warning), or c (for critical).

Well, I spent the last 2 hours pouring over my config and STILL haven't gotten
it working.....

This time I think I've turned everyting on that can be turned on and still no
notification.

Hope someone can see something that I've missed.

TIA,

Here is my revised excerpt:
define contact {
        contact_name            mdiehl
        alias                   Mike Diehl
        email                   mdiehl-alerts at diehlnet.nospam
        service_notification_options    u,r,f,w,c
        host_notification_options       d,u,r,f
        service_notification_period     24_7
        host_notification_period        24_7
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email,notify_by_phone
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email,notify_by_phone
}

define service {
        name                            generic-service
        host_name                       dominion
        service_description             Default service
        check_command                   check_ping
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 1
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        notification_interval           60
        notification_period             24_7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r,f
        normal_check_interval           2
        retry_check_interval            5
        max_check_attempts              3
        check_period                    24_7
        contact_groups                  diehl
        register                        0
}

define service {
        use generic-service
        name                    webmin
        host_name               dominion
        service_description     Webmin
        check_command           check_webmin
        contact_groups          diehl
        notification_options    w,c,u,r,f
        notification_period     24_7

}
define host{
        name                            generic-host
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        active_checks_enabled           1
        check_command                   check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts              5
        process_perf_data               1
        notification_interval           60
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler                   check_ping
        register                        0
        }

define host {
        use generic-host
        host_name               dominion
        alias                   dominion.diehlnet.com
        contact_groups          diehl,pcc
        address                 10.0.1.1
        notifications_enabled   1
        notification_options    d,u,r,f