Nagios end-user interfaces

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Thu Jun 7 22:50:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've searched through Nagiosexchange for options here, but wanted to
ask for input before installing and evaluating thirty different tools.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm running Nagios 2.9 on FreeBSD/amd64.

I need to offer Nagios information to end users without granting them
access to the CGIs.  Ideally, I don't want users to even know that the
CGIs exist.  The users need a bank of green/red lights and a network
map.

It appears that Nagios Looking Glass will handle the green and red
lights.  The network map is a little more complicated, but it appears
that I could use Dashboard
(http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Frontends.37.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=962)
to create a custom map without any further access, and offer a generic
user for that map.

Is this correct?  Are there better tools for this problem?

While Nagiosexchange is grand, it's hard to tell which tools are good
and which aren't...

Thanks for any shared experience,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org, mwlucas at FreeBSD.org
      Coming Soon: "Absolute FreeBSD" -- http://www.AbsoluteFreeBSD.com