(no subject)

Phil Costelloe philc at foundation-it.com
Thu Jun 7 11:15:48 CEST 2007

glynn.seymour at bayerbbs.com wrote:
>> Hi to all,
>
>> I have been trying to find out how you get the graphs for monitored
>> service on Windows/Nsclient++. It is working fine for the locahost
>> (FC9) Memory, load, procs and users.
> I added a windows machine with NSClient++, I added the service Ping
> to both localhost and the windows machine, and the graphs are
> >showing up fine. But when I add Memory, procs, load service to the
> windows machine no graphs shows. How come it works with ping for both
> localhost and Windows machine? Even though I made sure that >the
> service_description is the same as for the localhost
>> I am about to go insain, please help? I know this belongs under
> NagiosGrapher mailinglist, and I posted there as well, but I got 0
> answers there, hoping that someone can help me here.
>
> Could be a number of things, but my top guesses would be:
>
> 1.      Performance data collection not ticked in the service
> definition
> for the extra NSClient++ services
> 2.      No regular expression in the map file to collect the data

[snip]

> I'm betting its '2' though, here's an example from NSClient++ for
> Memory check graphing
>
> # Service type: ntmem
> #   check command:
> #   output:
> #   perfdata: 'physical memory'=63%;85;95;
> /perfdata:.*memory'=([.0-9]+)%;([.0-9]+);([.0-9]+)/
> and push @s, [ ntmem,
>       [ memused, GAUGE, $1],
>       [ memwarn, GAUGE, $2],
>       [ memcrit, GAUGE, $3] ];

I agree with your analysis, it probably is just a matter of configuring
the graph tool to recognise the output. But the OP mentioned
NagiosGrapher and that's an example from a Nagiosgraph map file. Those
two letters in the name make all the difference. :)

--
Phil Costelloe
Foundation IT, Hermitage Berkshire RG18 9SE