Not getting notifications

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Thu Jun 7 06:00:57 CEST 2007

Hi all.

I'm setting up a new nagios server and I just can't seem to get it to notify
me.  Right now, I'd even  be happy to get notified by email, but I've got
nothing.  The service checks to turn red and green as expected, though.

Here is a typical contacts definition:
===========================
define contact {
#       use                     daytime_page
        contact_name            mdiehl
        alias                   Mike
        email                   mdiehl-alerts at localhost
        service_notification_options    f,u
        host_notification_options       f,u
        service_notification_period     24_7
        host_notification_period        24_7
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email,notify_by_phone
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email,notify_by_phone
}
===========================
The user mdiehl is a member of the "diehl" contact group.

And the definition of notify_by_phone:
===========================
define command{
        command_name    notify_by_phone
        command_line    /etc/nagios/local/notify_by_phone.pl
        }
===========================

And finally, a typical service definition:
===========================
define service {
        use generic-service
        name                    webmin