Shell script for installing nrpe on clients.

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 6 12:01:06 CEST 2007

I have a script to do this but mainly for Gentoo servers. I could also
modify it for debian servers although I run less of these. If you have
some poor rpm based distro you could also be in luck if you can use yum
or something to take care of the software installation automatically.

In the most excellent Bash, this can be easily done in 250 lines
(including option parsing and error handling, and includes both local
and remote methods of installation and configuration deployment,
starting etc)

But I haven't released this script for a reason, it's kind of specific
to what you want to do.

Best advice, write this yourself. You should be able to write a shell
script to do this, really if you know Bash then you should be able to do
this by the end of today, at least for the linux systems. Having not got
the solaris experience, I can't advise there, but I think generally the
same principals can apply.

SSH key authentication, Good package management systems like Gentoo
Portage and Debian APT are the real wins here, most of the code will be
error handling...

-h

Hari Sekhon