CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 20 seconds- nagios error

richard martin w2kask at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 07:20:37 CEST 2007

Hi..Dear all,

We installed a nagios client in our oracle 10g server in Linux and we are monitoring it using a
nagios server.

But as and when we will get this kind of nagios fault alarm that telling us that the service that
monitored is having NRPE error like below, but the service is actually okay.  After a while the
nagios error recovered itself.  It happen very often like every 10 min and it happen for all the
service intermitently and create a lot of false positive alarm.   Any solution for me ?

  ***** Nagios  *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM

Service: Oracle Event Manager
Host: DBDS1
Address: 172.16.11.10
State: CRITICAL

Date/Time: Wed Jun 6 11:20:32 SGT 2007

Additional Info:

CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 20 seconds.