SMS Notifications - Incomplete Output on Host Notification

Stover, Beth BStover at NorcalMutual.com
Tue Jun 5 21:38:24 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've fully migrated to Nagios 2.8.  My only problem seems to be that
host notifications to my cell using sms_client have incomplete output.
Service notifications using sms_client to my cell work just fine.  I'm
guessing this is just some kind of formatting problem on my command
definition.

Here are my notification command definitions:

# 'notify-by-email' command definition (ORIGINAL)
define command{
        command_name notify-by-email
        command_line echo -e 'Notification Type:
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost:
$HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERV
ICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n\nAdditional
Info:\n\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$' | /usr/bin/mail -s ' $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$
(service_alert) - $HOSTALIAS$/$
SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ ' $CONTACTEMAIL$

}
# 'host-notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
        command_name    host-notify-by-email
        command_line    echo -e "Notification
Type:$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState:
$HOSTSTATE$\nAddress:$HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $HOSTOUTPUT$
\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n" | /usr/bin/mail -s "$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$
(host_alert) - Host $HOSTNAME$ is $HOSTSTATE$" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }

# 'notify-by-sms' command definition
define command{
        command_name    notify-by-sms
command_line    /usr/local/bin/sms_client -q $CONTACTPAGER$
'$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$: $HOSTNAME$: $SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$
($SERVICEOUTPUT$)'
        }

#'host-notify-by-sms' command definition
define command{
       command_name    host-notify-by-sms
command_line    /usr/local/bin/sms_client -q $CONTACTPAGER$
'$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$: $HOSTNAME$: $SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$
($HOSTOUTPUT$)'
        }

Email notifications work fine.  Service notifications via SMS work fine.
Only the hsot notifications via SMS do no t work correctly.

Here's the output I do receive from the host notification via SMS:

Recovery:
Server1: is ()

These command definitions worked fine on my Nagios v 1.3 system.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Beth Stover
Systems Administrator