identifying the slow check

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Tue Jun 5 15:43:12 CEST 2007

Actually, this is very interesting.  I found and killed my slow check
(a fping, as someone else suggested).  Running the profile script
below gives me:

Total Execution Time: 47 (sec)   NumChecks: 144   Average Time: 0.332 (sec)

>From reading status.dat, this is about what I'd expect.

On the other hand, the "Active Service Checks" in the Web interface
shows very different numbers:

Active Service Checks:

Time Frame	Checks Completed
<= 1 minute:	44 (30.6%)
<= 5 minutes:	144 (100.0%)
<= 15 minutes:	144 (100.0%)
<= 1 hour:	144 (100.0%)
Since program start:  	144 (100.0%)

Does the Web present a long-term average or some such?

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org, mwlucas at FreeBSD.org
      Coming Soon: "Absolute FreeBSD" -- http://www.AbsoluteFreeBSD.com