about Nagios Log Stats Process

Dinçer Kavraal dkavraal at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 18:12:45 CEST 2007

Hi people,
Does anybody know how Nagios behaves totally when reading logs for graphing
stats? I mean, If I change rotation time for logs, what does Nagios do to
find related log files according to related timeperiod for stats?

If not clear, a sample:
- Log rotation time 1 day (as default)
- I have some logs (log of a whole month long e.g.)
- I change rotation time to 5 days
- 10 days later for instance, I would like stats for host01 availability for
last month.

How does Nagios find relevant log files? I know it is a bit complicated
situation however, our mission is to serve for generality :)
Isn't it a bit confusing? Or I do think so unrealistic?

Thanks,
Dinçer