object inheritance question

Babineau, Mike Mike.Babineau at Pearson.com
Tue Jul 31 23:36:57 CEST 2007

When using templates in the case of variables which can have a
comma-delimited set of values, does variable assignment overwrite or
append?

Example:

define contact{

        use                             template.contact

        contact_name                    template.contact.admin

        contactgroups                   contactgroup.admin

        register                        0

        }

define contact{

        use                             template.contact.admin

        contact_name                    jbob

        contactgroups                   contactgroup.admin.sa

        alias                           Jim Bob

        }

Will Jim Bob be a member of a) only contactgroup.admin.sa; or b) both
contactgroup.admin and contactgroup.admin.sa?

If, as I suspect, a) is correct and he will only be a member of the last
assigned group, is there a way to append to an inherited variable's
value and achieve case b)?

Thanks,

Michael Babineau

Systems Administrator

Pearson Education

mike.babineau at pearson.com

This email may contain material confidential to
Pearson.  If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.