Need help with check_http

Rob Hamilton rob at lotame.com
Fri Jul 27 20:56:49 CEST 2007

What was it ... D'oh!

Thanks for the eyeballs Marc...

-Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Marc
Powell
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 2:21 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Need help with check_http

Yes, it's clear what's going on now... Your testurl contains an '&',
doesn't it? This causes the part of the command before the & to be
executed as a detached process in the background and the rest is likely
just creating shell variable=value environment variables. It's this
latter successful variable assignment that's exiting with status code 0.
The success or failure of the first part is irrelevant. A simple example
is below --

$ echo something1=something&something2=somethingelse
[1] 22997
Something1=something
[1]+  Done                    echo something1=something
$ echo $?
0
$ echo $something2
somethingelse

Using the -v argument to check_http you can see the difference in the
GET requests as well. It has a simple solution though: enclose the
<testurl> in quotes in your command definition. If you were testing on
the command line you'd use --

./check_http -e OK -H <virtualhost> -I app10 -u "<testurl>"

--
Marc

reporting any issue.

The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender and permanently delete the email from any computer.