Need help with check_http

Rob Hamilton rob at lotame.com
Fri Jul 27 17:58:29 CEST 2007

The check_http plugin doesn't seem to be catching critical events and
connection refused events:

Localhost.cfg

define service{

        use                             local-service         ; Name of
service template to use

        host_name                       app3, app4, app5, app6, app7,
app8, app9, app10,

        service_description             CC_PIXEL

        check_command                   check_pixel

        }

Commands.cfg

# 'check_pixel' command definition

define command{

        command_name    check_pixel

        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -e OK -H <virtual hostname>
-I $HOSTADDRESS$ -u <test url>        }

When apache is off, I get a "Connection refused"  in the status
information, but the nagios status for the defined service is "OK"

When apache is up and the app server is down, I get "HTTP CRITICAL -
Invalid HTTP response received from host " in the status information,
but the nagios status for the defined service is "OK"

When I run check_http from the command line manually, I can confirm that
I'm receiving correct status information back and the expect string of
"OK" isn't in the response.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

-Rob

The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender and permanently delete the email from any computer.