Wildcard not working in service escalations ?

Mihai Tanasescu mihai at duras.ro
Thu Jul 26 01:20:39 CEST 2007

Mihai Tanasescu wrote:
> Marc Powell wrote:

I've solved the problem with the help of a Freenode user.

It seems that contrary to what I believed, in order for the * to match
everything you should have:

use_regexp_matching=0

I got confused upon reading the manual and only attempted with it = 1.
(the  manual stated:
If you wish, you can enable regular expression matching for object names by using the use_regexp_matching <http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/configmain.html#use_regexp_matching> config option.  By default, regular expression matching will only be used in object names that contain the *** and *?* wildcard characters.)

Glad that's over with.

Maybe this will prove useful to others.