Command Macro - All Contact Groups?

Caylan Van Larson caylan at mac.com
Tue Jul 24 20:18:25 CEST 2007

Good afternoon,

A common question I'm facing is, "who else gets these alerts?"  It's
usually coming from a manager, and wants to make sure that all teams
responsible are seeing the alerts.  As a first step we've moved away
from putting individual users in nagios in favor of a one-to-one
relationship of mailing-lists <-> contact-groups.

Is there a way to add the other contact-groups that are being
notified to the current notification?  I've looked through all of the
macros (http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/macros.html) and
didn't see anything that would fit this request.

Short of giving shell access to the managers (*guffaws*), any ideas?

I'm not holding my breath for macro, so what's the best way to script
a report?  Is there an easy way to have nagios dereference all of the
inheritances instead of parsing the status file myself? (which
wouldn't be so bad if someone had a perl snippet to parse it into a
data structure).

Thanks!

---

Caylan