Monitoring service for every machine in hostgroup EXCEPT ONE

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 03:55:12 CEST 2007

I've created a hostgroup of 20 machines, and want to monitor 10
services on each machine (easy). I now want to monitor an 11th service
on 19 of the 20 machines. What's the best way to do this?

Two ugly ways I don't like:

% Create a separate hostgroup for the 19 machines I do want to monitor.

% Monitor the service on all 20 machines, but schedule infinite
downtime for the service on the 20th machine.

Is there a better way?

Semi-related questions:

% Can I create an "invisible" hostgroup? One that nagios can use but
doesn't show up on the web interface?

% When I mark a service down, I don't get emails about it (that's
good), but it still shows as red on the web interface? How can I fix
this?