running multiple nagios instances?

Artyom Khmelnitsky nagios at ayksolutions.com
Sat Jul 21 23:01:08 CEST 2007

Hello,

We currently only have one instance of nagios running. We are looking to setup a 2nd node in a different location for redundancy purposes.

We are thinking of installing Nagios on it and then using rsync and some crons to update the slave server from our currently running server so we only have to add new hosts to a single box.

Has anyone done this before and how does it work? Also, it would be nice to set it up somehow so that only our main server sends out the notifications when it's online or we'll get twice the notifications for same failed services, which is a no-no. The secondary server could send out the alerts if the primary fails numerous checks from the secondary for uptime.

Hopefully I didn't confuse anyone. If any of you guys/gals know of a plugin or a nice way of setting this up, please do speak up!