nagios / cacti integration question

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Sat Jul 21 04:28:02 CEST 2007

On 20/07/07 07:29 PM, Rogelio Bastardo wrote:
> I'm looking for some ways to import the Nagios results (OK checks, not
> OK checks) into Cacti so that I can start creating some graphs to show
> SLA-type stuff.
>
> I have a good Nagios setup, and on that box Cacti is working.  How do
> I merge the two?

There is no standard way but in my company we developed our own Perl
daemon for gathering performance data from a Nagios pipe and caching it.
A Cacti script connects to the daemon to get the data... You will need a
good understanding of Cacti (to create the new templates and data input)
and a bit of patience.

The daemon doesn't have any configuration (yet) so all variables are
hard-coded in the code. For example to change the data retention timeout
 (which is 120 seconds right now since our Nagios checks every minute
and our Cacti is patched to poll at the same interval) you will have to
change it in the cache_cleanup sub.

The latest daemon code with some bugfixes is available here:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Misc.36.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1%5Bp_view%5D=972

And the setup instructions are here:

http://www.control-alt-del.org/code/NPDaemon/

Thomas