Custom Plugins - NRPE: Unable to read output onSolaris

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jul 20 19:12:08 CEST 2007

I see that you have a pension for testing as root. Don't. You should always test as the user that is going to be running the program. They'll almost certainly have higher access restrictions than root.

Can you successfully run your plugins on the Solaris box as the nrpe user? If so, try putting nrpe in debug mode and see what it complains about.

--
Marc