Permission Denied on check_nt

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jul 19 19:15:38 CEST 2007

That's a good sign and definitely narrows down what the issue could be.
To be clear, can you provide the entire output from the unsuccessful
check from nagios.log? As far as what else to check, are you certain
that $USER1$ is /usr/lib/nagios/plugins and that $HOSTADDRESS$ is
192.168.100.20? It might be helpful to see the actual command that
nagios is running by changing the command{} definition to be --

command_line    echo "$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 12489 -v
$ARG1$ $ARG2$"

It won't actually run check_nt but you'll see what nagios would be
doing. Did you change this check from some other configuration? I'd
restart nagios either way and while doing so, verify that you don't have
multiple nagios processes running.

> The second problem I have is when I try to change the scheduled time
for
> the next check on a service - the error I get is:
>

> Error: Could not stat() command file '/var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd'!
>
> The external command file may be missing, Nagios may not be running,
> and/or Nagios may not be checking external commands.
>
> An error occurred while attempting to commit your command for
processing.

Sounds like you either haven't completely followed the instructions on
enabling external commands or that you have SELinux or some other
permissions issue preventing the web server from accessing that file.
You should verify that your configuration matches the nagios
documentation for enabling external commands (using your rpm specific
paths of course) and that you've restarted your web server if you
changed it's group membership.

--
Marc

p.s. please always use non-html/rich text messages when sending to
support lists. It's difficult to reply in context and really messes up
the digests.