NagiosGrapher Linux Load

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Thu Jul 19 19:00:30 CEST 2007

Hi,

19.07.2007 18:13,, Jeff Shumard - DefenseWeb Technologies wrote::
> Does anyone else have the same problem that I am seeing with the graphs,
>
> on Linux Load?  The graph area is not matching what the totals are
> getting from the server or from the values I am printing out of the
> bottom of the graph.  The graph is showing much higher values and the
> average is also showing higher on the graph.  I am using STACK to show
> all the values of 15min, 5min, and 1min on the same graph.  Does anyone
> know how to resolve this as well?

IIRC, STACk means the values are all added up. The default
NagiosGrapher setup thus creates very impressive graphics with limited
value :-)

When the load (1, 5, 15 min) is 1, 1, 1, the graph should show you the
color for 1 min from 0 to 1, then 5min color from 1 to 2, and 15min
color from 2 to three.

If you want a better readable graph, I suggest simply painting three
line graphs of different color for the different load values.

Arno

> Thank you,
> Jeff

Arno Lehmann