Simple Host Monitoring - ICMP

Sean Keplinger skeplin at one.net
Wed Jul 18 16:44:12 CEST 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Marc Powell wrote:

> It is behaving like a standard nagios-2 service check. If any service on
> a host returns a non-OK result, the host is checked immediately. If the
> host check fails, it goes critical immediately. I would advise disabling
> host checks for those ping-only hosts to get the behavior you desire.
> Nagios-3 introduces the behavior you are looking for.

I will look forward to upgrading to Nagios 3.

In the meantime, to disable the host check, I just leave the check_command
blank for those hosts, correct?

So during an outage, I will only receive a "service is critical"
notification for the ICMP service?

Thanks,
Sean
--
Sean Keplinger
LAN/Windows/Unix Analyst - Western & Southern Financial Group