temp_file nagios.tmp issue

Peter Schulz pschulz at localtoolbox.com
Mon Jul 16 22:59:07 CEST 2007

Hello,
	I am having an issue with nagios.tmp re-creating every hour and
using my disk space up. Is there anyway to turn is hourly option off?
the docs read:
Temp File
Format: 	temp_file=<file_name>
Example: 	temp_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.tmp
This is a temporary file that Nagios periodically creates to use when
updating comment data, status data, etc. The file is deleted when it
is no longer needed.

Issue is the file does not get deleted but gets regenerated once an
hour w/a new name example: nagios.tmpvVNenp

Thanks for the insight/help!
Peter H