error running nrpe

stephen.kitchener at aciworldwide.com stephen.kitchener at aciworldwide.com
Fri Jul 13 15:16:37 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have compiled and installed nrpe-2.8.1 and nagios-plugins-1.4.9, but
when I run then daemon on my system I get the following error

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c /etc/nrpe.cfg -d

/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unsatisfied data symbol 'rfc931_timeout' in load
module '/usr/lib/hpux32/libwrap.so'.
Killed

The system is a HPUX 11.23 itainium IA64,
cc: HP C/aC++ B3910B A.06.13 [Nov 27 2006]
make is the installed one - not a GNU Version

Does anyone have hints or solutions to help make this work please ??

Thanks

Stephen Kitchener
ITC
ACI Worldwide (EMEA) Ltd

tel: 01923812885
email: Stephen.Kitchener at aciworldwide.com

ACI Worldwide (EMEA) Limited. Registered in England and Wales (Registered
no. 2310474).
Registered Office: 59 clarendon road, Watford, Hertfordshire. WD17 iFQ,
United Kingdom