SIGEXIT shutting down Nagios 2.9 on Solaris 10

Bonaparte, Klaus Klaus.Bonaparte at GlobalCrossing.com
Thu Jul 12 23:56:18 CEST 2007

We've been running Nagios 2.9 on Solaris 10 for a few weeks now and have
noticed our Nagios server suddenly shutting down with the following in
nagios.log:

[1184189631] Caught SIGEXIT, shutting down...

No one has been logged in at the time of these failures and nothing else
is in the log files. Is there a known bug in Nagios 2.9? I've never seen
this with the Nagios 2.4 we run on another Solaris 10 server and we are
considering downgrading our Nagios 2.9 to Nagios 2.4 since it has been
more stable.

Thanks,

Klaus