nagios with Mysql

lokesh.khanna at accelonafrica.com lokesh.khanna at accelonafrica.com
Thu Jul 5 22:23:20 CEST 2007

Hi Patrick

I upgraded mysql on my system yesterday. New version is -
mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.41, for pc-linux-gnu (i686) using readline
5.0

But now I am getting below error message

DBI connect('database=nagios;host=localhost','nagiosuser',...) failed:
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
consider upgrading MySQL client at ./installdb line 41

How can I resolve this problem? Which version of Mysql should I use?

Thanks - LK