too many Notifications

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jul 5 15:54:32 CEST 2007

minutes.

For service checks this is pretty straightforward adjusting
retry_check_interval and max_check_attempts. You do not want a
max_check_attempts set that long for host checks with nagios-2.x or
prior. Nagios stops _all_ other processing while hosts are being
checked, up to max_check_attempts, so for 15 minutes nagios would do
nothing but check that host. Using scheduled downtime is the easiest and
preferred way or you could escalations but that gets messier.

> 2) as I mentioned, I have made settings to get an alert only once.
> But is it possible to get an alert for all machines once in a week
too,
> say every Monday morning?

You'd need to create a custom notification script that contained this
logic. Nagios does not have the ability to queue notifications; it'll
call the notification script as soon as they're triggered. Your script
could take those, store them in a file or database, then send them
whenever you chose.

--
Marc