Distributed setups

Tobias Klausmann klausman at schwarzvogel.de
Mon Jul 2 11:52:26 CEST 2007

Apologies for the other mail with the wrong setup. Too little
coffee on my part.

Hi!

We're currently looking at creating a distributed setup using
NSCA. One thing that I've found no mention of is how the host and
service commands are forwarded.

Even if the central machien does all the notifications (as we're
planning), completely dis/enabling service/host checks would have
to be distributed from the central machine to the checking
machines.

Or is the usual setup to let the useres access the web interface
of each "checker machine"? Then how do people know which checks
are run from which machine?

If the central machien only does the "webservice job", i.e.
notifications are handled on the checking machines, how are
sceduled dowtimes, acknowledgements etc handled?

I see how one could write a script or somesuch that distributes
this stuff, but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel.

Regards,
Tobias