Nagios 3.0a sending host notifications on first soft error

Scott Briggs scott.br at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 07:23:46 CEST 2007

Hi, I'm having a couple of problems with Nagios 3.0a3 and now 3.03a5.

First, all host notifications are being sent out on the first soft
error.   I thought this was impossible, that nagios is only supposed
to send notifications out on the first hard error, can someone verify
this for me?

Also, recovery notifications don't get sent out at all.  There's no
log of any attempted notifications and yet all the host and contact
settings are for "d,u,r".

Service notifications work exactly as expected, notifications get sent
on the first hard error and recovery notifications get sent as well.

Thanks in advance.

Scott