nagios bailing out log messages - cause now known

Brian Loe knobdy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 17:11:31 CET 2007

On 1/31/07, Morris, Patrick <patrick.morris at hp.com> wrote:
> > So I guess the question now is, why would this check fail
> > every ten minutes?

> How often is nagios.log updating?  If it's less than every five minutes
> this check will fail.

Well, good question - can you explain the stamp Nagios puts in its log file?

Looking at the log file, it appears to only get touched when this
script tries starting a new process. Obviously, I need to either
spread out the time I check the log file or have Nagios hit the log
file more regularly. In the main config file I have it set to log to
syslog and the NetAlarm log file, and to log everything that is
available in that config. I didn't see a debug option - perhaps that's
something you do from the command line - but is this the best way to
go?