OpenVMS SSH

Barthier Wim Wim.Barthier at nbb.be
Fri Jan 26 09:58:54 CET 2007

Hello,

Question concerning OpenVMS with SSH towards Nagios.
I have some OpenVMS 7.3-2 Alpha at site and I wanna use Nagios to check
some stuff like disk space, processes, batchjobs... i have written some
procedures in DCL (Digital Command Language) which return a status and a
comment line.

The Nagios server
	OS RedHat4
	Nagios v2.5

OpenVMS client
	OS v7.3-2 (soon 8.3)
	TCPIP 5.4 eco 6
	SSL v1.2

The problem is, when I use SSH for the connection, the first line I get
at the Nagios server is a blanc line and then the comments I put
through. So at the Nagios console I don't see sh**. As far as I have
checked and debugged the line comes from the SSH connection.
Is there anyone who has implemented Nagios on OpenVMS with the SSH
connection? Is there a way to say at the Nagios server that he has to
ignore the first line he gets from the client?

Now I am using NRPE but I would prefer to standardize arround SSH
because we are now already using it for a various number of other
things.

Greets,

Wim Barthier

System Engineer