Distributed Monitoring : Monitoring server sendingalert .

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jan 25 16:07:08 CET 2007

See
<http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/configmain.html#enable_notificat
ions>. That only controls if nagios sends notifications on restart and
will be remembered if you have retention enabled.

Also see notification_period and notifications_enabled at
<http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#service> and
<http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#host>. I
usually leave notifications enabled above but set a notification_period
of none and notifications disabled in my host and service definitions.
Makes for a cleaner looking GUI, IMHO.

> I using Nagios 1.2 with SUSE 9 .
> Another questions. Is it any way to do host passive monitoring in
nagios
> 1.x ?

No, the feature was newly introduced with 2.0.

--
Marc