Several map views of Nagios

naim abu darwish naim.abu.darwish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 19:50:04 CET 2007

Well, i have similar problem,
I have 530 hosts, so having all those on one map would be meaningless.
I just need the routers and the wireless machines on there. If i chose
what to exclude from the status map, it will still keep links pointing
to hidden devices and thus the map will still be cluttered. I found a
patch on  the Pkg-nagios-devel debian mailing list, a post dating back
to Tue, 28 Jun 2005. so i guess that patch was made to work with maybe
nagios-1.x ?? anyway, link to original post ::

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-nagios-devel/2005-June/000804.html

this is supposed to make the map only show certain selective
hostgroups on the statusmap. i tried the patch on statusmap.c , I am
using nagios 2.5. the patch failed. Im not very good at reading C
code, could someone help out here ? maybe fix the patch for the
current nagios version, also seems a good idea to include in future
nagios versions

Help appreciated